• Define your business’ overall mission/objective first – your digital marketing mission must fit into your grand plan.
•Answer this question: what is the overriding objective you want your digital marketing efforts to achieve (for example do you want to position your company as the go-to online provider for computer parts in India)? This is your mission.
Digital marketing strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a channel strategy which means that it should...
- • Be informed by research into customer channel behaviour and marketplace activity = intermediaries, publishers and competitors
- • Based on objectives for future online and offline channel contribution %
- • Define and communicate the differentials of the channel to encourage customers to use it,
- • BUT, need to manage channel integration
So put another way, digital marketing strategy defines how companies should:
- • Hit our channel leads & sales targets
- • Budgets for Acquisition, Conversion, Retention & Growth, Service
- • Communicate benefits of using this channel enhance brand
- • Prioritise audiences targeted through channel
- • Prioritise products available through channel